For those who follow my blog outside the Philippines who are unfamiliar with the city of Vigan, it is a World Heritage Site in that it is one of the few Hispanic towns left in the Philippines. Vigan is well known for its unique architecture that fuses Philippine and Oriental building designs and construction with colonial European architecture.

Everyone is very friendly to one another, very respectful towards each other’s privacy. The locals do as they please and it’s a really great vibe the moment you take your first steps throughout the cobblestone streets. Although we were a big group to start off with, we all eventually paired up into smaller groups so we could all do our own thing. The antique stores really got my attention, admiring the old furnishings and traditional catholic antiques. Everything was bargain and if I had the time and space, I would do all my furniture shopping in Vigan.


One of my favorite shots of the trip. The boys and I were fortunate enough to ride on the tray of a pick-up truck - something highly illegal back in Australia but was a great first experience. What was really funny was when the truck picked up high speeds, and seeing the reactions of my friends because they had little to hang on too. Hahaha.








 I honestly felt like I was in outskirts of Barcelona


We ate too many Empanadas...

No comments:

Post a Comment